25 February 2018

Getting some mojo back

I would have said that I didn't have the energy or the focus to do an illustration, especially after work on a Monday, after everything that's been happening the past few weeks; but then my cousin messaged me and offered an assignment: "I'm going to do a post on my blog about these no-bake chocolate bars, and I only have one picture to illustrate it. Do you think you could draw me a picture of some of the ingredients, to make it look more finished?" And while I grumbled and groused and said "I have nothing left at the end of the day, so it may not happen," I of course got sucked in, intrigued by which ingredients I had and which to choose and how to present them, and before you know it, it was done.

So here is my illustration for Kirsten and Kirsti's blog, The Swoon Society. It's not the first I've done, and hopefully it's not the last, because clearly I need an assignment to get the motor running. Also, I highly recommend you go copy down this recipe, because those bars are delectable!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I was pretty happy with it, although making the coconut look like coconut was a challenge that I didn't quite fulfill!

      Delete