Anyway. . . keeping up with my regimen of drawing and painting one ingredient between when I arrive home from work and nightfall, tonight's product is BROCCOLI.
At the last minute, I didn't put in any shadow, because I happened to turn the page sideways and realized that if I left it out, the cookbook designer could use it either horizontally (the way I painted it, lying down) or vertically, which actually looks better, I think. So there it is.
Those "undeveloped flower heads" are really hard to duplicate--or at least they are if you have as little patience as I have, combined with a deadline (i.e., the sun is dropping below the roofline of the neighbor's house). I ended up just dotting around various shades of green and hoping for the best.