31 October 2014

Contour studies

I am gearing up for a large painting, and woke up this morning with the desire to do some contour drawings of some of the disparate elements. I think what Daryl, my friend who requested a painting, had in mind was a simple contour with some watercolor highlights (like I have done for a few of our friends at the library), but once I got into researching the project (a Steampunk still life), I became excited by the various challenges presented and decided to do a large, full-on "real" painting. After painting a lot of small things that I could complete in an afternoon or even a couple of hours, I am wanting to get back to some bigger, more detailed work that takes time, planning, focus. We'll see how it goes! For now, here are some contours from my sketchbook:




More on this project as it unfolds. Since I go back to work on Monday, it may take a while! Happy Hallowe'en, everyone! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment