28 August 2011

Uncooperative Cacti

Yes, that's right, I'm blaming it on the cacti!!! Here's the story: My friends Cindy and Tim were having a party for their 25th anniversary, and though they said no gifts, well, my mother came from the South, so I never show up at a party without SOMETHING in hand. I knew they had recently changed over their yard to drought-tolerant, so I decided a clever little cactus would be just the thing. I stopped by the nursery to get one, but they were all so cunning that I couldn't decide...so I bought four! Then when I got home, I had the bright idea (four hours before the party) of painting a picture of the cacti to give her as well! I set up three of them in a tableau, then I painted, and painted, and painted, and those darn cacti turned out to be HARD to paint, especially in a group. (Should have just picked ONE.) So I ended up taking #4 to Cindy and gave her an IOU for a painting sometime in the future--but this won't be it. I just couldn't capture them sufficiently. I'll try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment