01 January 2014

Drawing from France

I went back and had a look at some reference photos, tonight, from my trip to France last October, and decided to do a little more drawing on the first day of the new year. This is a street in a village called Saint Loup Lamairé. Several of the guest artists at Bandouille have painted this particular view; and I think I would prefer painting it to drawing it, since you can do the side of a building in one stroke of the brush instead of a bunch of shading with the side of the pencil! Maybe I'll give it a try.


But first I think I need to go back and review Bixxy's perspective lessons…what was it, Bix? Elbows down, knees up?

2 comments:

  1. Looks brilliant to me both perspectively and otherwise. But for future ref shoulders down, legs up!! Well done. Look forward to the painting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one thing I left out is you and me, standing in the foreground!

      Delete