20 March 2019

People reading, the series continues

In my last blog post about my "people reading" series, I complained about the self-conscious looks on the faces of those you see reading in photos. A friend promised she would send me a picture that would be like no other I had reviewed for my series. She definitely nailed it! Here is a picture of "Kirsti reading a magazine." Sitting on her kitchen floor. Drinking wine. And wearing a chicken hat.


Thanks, girl. You're right, there will never be another like this.

Uni-ball, watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. My boss used to be a showgirl, and she would read whenever she took a break during rehearsals or had downtime backstage. Her parents had raised their children without any one religion, but had encouraged them to explore on their own to discover which, if any, resonated with them. One day, while reading on a break, the director called her out to make fun of her for always having her nose in a book. He said, “What are you reading that’s so important?” She looked up and said, “The Bible.” 🤣

    Anyway, your comment about a reading picture “like no other” made me think of this story, so I Googled “showgirls reading backstage” and found some other interesting (and a few NSFW) pictures you could paint.

    ReplyDelete