20 May 2019

Doing some portraits

I don't often draw portraits, but I had the idea to do one of Kirsti for her birthday (to post on her FB page), and had so much fun with it (even though it was a little wonky) that I decided to keep going.


Next I did my friend Kim, from a weird upside-down selfie she took, which turned out really fun...


And today I was chatting on Messenger with my buddy, Rani, who lives in CHINA now, and I missed his face so I decided to draw it. That facial hair is CHALLENGING.


I wanted to put him in a box like the other two, but I started too big and ran out of room. Boy, that Shadow Violet paint from Daniel Smith does NOT want to "follow the bead" to give a smooth background, at least not on sketchbook paper!

Maybe I'll keep going...who knows, tomorrow it could be YOU.

Uniball pen, watercolor (various) on BEE multi-media sketchbook paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment