29 May 2019

Sort of a portrait...

I decided today to make a contribution to my "people reading" collection, because I haven't done one in a while. And although I'm not unhappy with this, I certainly can't claim it as a win in terms of painting a portrait or capturing a likeness.

I have to confess, I don't know how to paint children so they come out looking like children! The photo model for this picture was a Facebook friend's daughter, sitting and reading on her couch. She looks like she could be somewhere between 10 and 13 years old, but this gal looks like she's at least 18, or maybe even in her 20s! And yet, the pose, the face, the hair, are all essentially as they were in the photo.

I have to talk to people I know who paint children (Colleen?) and find out the secret!

Portrait of a reader, #3: Robin.



No comments:

Post a Comment