30 June 2019

Bouquet, take two

I knew I could do better for those roses and plumbago(s?) than I did yesterday with my kind of sad attempt at painting wet-in-wet, so I kept the bouquet, got out my sketchbook, and painted it again wet on dry. I have to face that I just don't "get" that wet-in-wet process yet, and that I may have to do a hands-on tutorial with somebody to figure out where I'm missing the boat.

Anyway, here's a new take on my little bouquet. The plumbago is still too purple (why is that shade so hard to mix?), but it's closer, and I'm happier with the whole thing, including the roses and the transparency of the vase.



And, this is DAY 30 of the 30x30 Direct Watercolor challenge, so if I want, I can GO BACK TO DRAWING. I will probably mix it up and do different methods on different days, because some of this has been a good experience! Thanks, everybody, for sticking with me through it. I'm now contemplating whether I'm up for another 30 days (oops, 31), since the World Watercolor challenge starts tomorrow. It has a prompt list, but fewer rules, so I might.

It's been really good for me to paint something every single day. This is actually Day 41 in a row of making a painting, including all those portraits I did. Now I just have to learn to integrate it better into the rest of my day so that I get something else done as well!

DAY 30: BOUQUET 2

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

In the sketchbook...

2 comments:

  1. Good on ya! Thanks for challenging me too. I actually learned a lot with the exercise as well. P.S. Secret to pretty and intense violets and purples. Cool reds (Roses or Crimsons)+ warm blue (Ultramarine or Cobalt). :)

    ReplyDelete