31 July 2019

An Urban Sketcher in Amsterdam

No, it's not me, I didn't go to this year's Urban Sketchers' Symposium in Amsterdam. And judging from the reports of extreme heat that rivaled or surpassed that of SoCal last week, I'm kind of glad! But I have been enjoying all the sketches of windmills, quaint houses, strangely shaped public buildings, and canal boats with which Amsterdam is rife.

One of the first days of the symposium (or maybe during the pre-conference), I opened Facebook and this photo of this cute, rosy-cheeked Urban Sketcher popped up in my feed. "Look at you!" I said, "with your little pursed-up mouth!" and she replied, "I'M HOT." I saved the photo because I loved her face juxtaposed on the USk Amsterdam logo painted on a window, and today I decided to paint a portrait.

Problem is, I didn't write down her name! I've scrolled all the way back through July 25 in vain. Maybe someone will recognize and identify her?


"Purselips"

9x8 inches, in the sketchbook...

Uniball pen, Paul Jackson signature watercolors, Escoda brush

1 comment: