07 November 2019

November renaissance

Since I bagged Inktober, I haven't been making much art. I seem to go through these cycles where I can't focus to pick up a pen and draw, even if it's just some little thing. So when November rolled around and Charlie over at Doodlewash published his prompts list for the month (and it looked like one I could get with), I decided to let that give me some impetus. Here's what I have so far:

#2 Pears


I enjoyed painting these—there's just something so paintable about pears. I even managed a little spatter without it looking like a crime scene. The shadow could have been better...

#4 Eyes


I had fun with this one. The prompt reminded me of this old movie from my younger days, which gave me nightmares for weeks after I saw it. I chose not to put too much emphasis on the camera and focus on the eyes. Who knew how hot Tommy Lee Jones was in his youth?

#6 Water

This looks like I did it en plein air, but it's actually from a photo I took while at Echo Park with the Urban Sketchers group one day. (I painted other things that day, but really liked this bridge.) There wasn't a lot of water in the scene, but enough to fulfill the prompt. I struggled a bit with the reflections and the ripples.

More to come!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I haven't done any artwork yet this month. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love them all! Of course I love Ruby the most :)

    Ruby was Irish setter red when she was a puppy. Now she's a pale strawberry blonde. Pink was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stumbling on your blog. Even if I have seen all these on FB. I have obliged in several years I think.

    ReplyDelete