07 January 2020

Day 7

I can say that I made it for a week. I'm not saying that I'm giving up; I'm just celebrating a one-quarter victory for the month.

Today's exercise was to set a time limit for yourself to do your drawing, so that you could prove to yourself that drawing daily doesn't have to be a daunting prospect, it can be 15 minutes and done. So I set the timer for 15 minutes, and drew Andy with a Uniball.


Of course, since drawing isn't really my thing, I had to go ahead and watercolor old Andy, so I set the timer for half an hour and got that done too. I could have messed about a little longer, but honestly, it's the messing about that usually gets me into trouble, so here is the finished Andy. I had drawn his hat a little small, so watercoloring it also gave me the chance to adjust the dimensions slightly without revealing to the eye that it wasn't quite right. There wasn't much I could do about his ear, which is also a little small, so I let that stand.


Uniball Vision pen, watercolor, sketchbook



No comments:

Post a Comment