12 February 2020

Pursed

Well, I overworked the crap out of this one (particularly on sketchbook paper instead of watercolor weight), but I sure had fun.

This is not a Sktchy model, this is my Sketchbook Skool friend KJ, who went to an art show with her friend Kara and unwisely mimicked a statue, leading to this travesty. There are a few faces from Sktchy that I'm not wanting to paint, for various reasons (mostly because they are boring), so I took a side road and tried this challenge instead. Extreme expressions, like that fella with the eyebrows and the teeth a few posts ago, are so much more interesting.



I'm posting the original photo to show what it was I was trying to capture, since I didn't quite pull it off. She looks more anguished than pursed (I think I needed more air in those cheeks!), particularly with the strong color palette, but I was happy with the hair and I feel like
I captured the attitude fairly well. I could have done better with preserving more highlights, but...there it is.


Someday I will make a funny face and post it, and KJ can have her revenge. Someday.

#30Faces30Days — "KJ"
Uniball pen and watercolor in Bee Sketchbook




No comments:

Post a Comment