31 December 2020

Goof, or goofy?

Today I felt like just doing something random and maybe wonkier than I've done for a while. My friend Phoebe in art class remarked, back a few months, on a fleeting likeness between my guy in "The Earth is wobbling on its axis" and her husband's best friend, who is also a twin. She shared a photo of him and I said then, "I might steal him, he's cute and already a little wonky looking." So today I did just that. I hope, if he sees it, that he's not offended by the liberties I took with his already expressive face. She never mentioned his name, so I guess he will be
"The Goof."


Daler Rowney inks, pencil, watercolor, Uniball Vision pen, white gesso,
white gel pen, stencil, bubble wrap, on 140-lb. Fluid watercolor paper, 9x12.

I used a crimson Daler Rowney ink for the background, but it came out really pink, which didn't suit the portrait, in my opinion, so I have since gone back and added another layer of magenta. It did take out some of the interesting background effects, but I feel like it is more effective with the image itself. Here is the revised version.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment