08 February 2021

Seeking inspiration...

...from YOU! I found out today that the 30-day challenge from Olga Furman consists of only four themes, and we will only receive those once a week for the month. Furthermore, the theme is consistent, so the one we received yesterday, rather than being a one-day challenge with alternates among which we could choose, was instead seven photographs that we were supposed to paint from for seven days. But the first theme was "nurses," and even though I highly value them (especially now), I don't really want to paint a bunch of anonymous nurses for a week! I did Florence Nightingale and might do one other, but that leaves me at loose ends for material for at least three days a week (I still have my weekly lesson with Kara Bullock, plus some other resources).

SO: I'm going to open this up! If you have a mentor or muse out there who you think deserves to be painted, put their name in the comments below, or hit me up on Facebook or via email if you have it, and I will consider painting that person sometime during the next 30 days.

Please note that this is NOT about you getting me to paint your mother or your dog for free; it's about seeing a painting of someone you think is an interesting subject for me to take on!

No comments:

Post a Comment