08 May 2021

This one's for Davey

Fortunately, I am not alone in my family in my obsession with The Handmaid's Tale (the Hulu series). I've been waiting for it to return for what seems like a very long time, and a couple of weeks ago I went on Hulu only to discover a bunch of one-minute previews from the points of view of each of the characters; my immediate reaction was to tell my ex-first-cousin-once-removed-in-law David, "It's coming!!!"

Now that it's here, I'm so happy I found out that he is immersed in it too, because I have someone to whom I can say, "Can you BELIEVE what happened this episode?" Of course, now it's a matter of waiting each week for the next and the next, unlike when I first discovered it and binged a season at a time. I may just go back to the beginning and watch it all again; it's that good.

David and I were back-and-forthing on Messenger the other day about the show and also about my latest painting, and he said, Hey! you should paint Aunt Lydia! So this one's for him.


"The Aunt"—pencil, Uniball pen, Paul Jackson watercolors, Daler Rowney inks, on Fluid 140-lb. coldpress watercolor paper, approx. 9x12 inches.




No comments:

Post a Comment