15 September 2021

#theydrawalong

 Got an inadvertently early start this morning—got up at 8:25, fed the cat, then checked my email and saw that the latest draw-along session with Nate and Salli had just started (in New York, so they start at 11:30 their time), so I jumped on. This session featured guest artist Jennifer Orkin Lewis, aka August Wren. She mostly works in gouache, which we have established is NOT my thing, so I played along in my familiar media of Uniball pen followed by some watercolor. She laid out an array of semi-random objects, so I picked some that could maybe go together in a dish if I were cooking, and did this little sketch, throwing in a couple of the flowers for decor and the fig because figs! Nothing is quite proportionately to size, but...?

These draw-along sessions are fun and helpful, in that they get you to draw and paint quickly, without thinking too much. And at 8:30 in the morning, who can think anyway?


#theydrawalong #theydrawlearnalong #theydrawandcook



No comments:

Post a Comment