06 October 2021

Yesterday and today

I took yesterday's prompt from the food list, although rather than presenting "figs" as first occurred to me (an hors d'oeuvre plate featuring sliced fruit, cheese and crackers), I instead depicted them being devoured by green June bugs before I can get them off the tree and into my mouth! When I pull a fig, miraculously still intact, off my tree, a swarm of these bandits rise up from the fruit they are in the process of hollowing out and circle my head with a loud buzzing sound like tiny battery-operated airplanes! I try first to scope out where the beetles are on the tree and duck to one side as I attempt to salvage my figs, but sometimes the June bugs end up in my hair. You have to really love figs to argue with these guys!


Today's prompt is from the flowers list, although it's definitely not what the list-maker had in mind when including it with butterflies, gardening gloves, and zinnias! The vision was probably of a stray bluebird's feather fallen to earth, not this flapper girl with bee-stung lips and a pink feather boa. But what can I say? I like to paint people, and I saw a way to incorporate feathers, so...


"Feathers"—Uniball and watercolors in Bee sketchbook, 9x9 inches.




No comments:

Post a Comment