14 January 2024

Buddies

I did a little drawing and watercolor this morning, once again of my teacher and friend Emma Petitt, this time with Buddy, a dog she has fostered, going out of her way to find him the perfect home. The first placement didn't take, so Emma had him back to stay with her and her gang of dogs until the right adopter turned up, months later, never losing faith that Buddy would eventually land where he belongs. I wanted to capture the memory of her relationship with Buddy, because it was so sweet and loyal on both sides.

I loved the photo I used as a reference, although my drawing/painting doesn't quite capture the full wide side-eye gaze of Emma in the photo, so it's not quite as amusing. But I had fun and kept my hand in, and isn't that, if not the point, at least one of them?


Uniball pen and watercolors on 140-lb. coldpress, 9x12 (with a border).

No comments:

Post a Comment