19 June 2019

Dressing

A quick still life today, set up out on the patio in the late afternoon so as to get some shadows and highlights on the glass. Because I'm not drawing, just painting, I didn't want to go too complex, so I turned the Grey Poupon into a generic glass jar of "moutarde," and let the symbol for olive oil suffice rather than spelling it out on that bottle. And although the Balsamic got labeled, it went without its brand names and more elaborate artwork.

I probably could have fiddled with this for another 15 minutes and made it better, but...exercise in cool buoyancy beckons (water aerobics class)...and I have to stop at the store for cat food and hair conditioner on the way. In other words, pragmatic life intervenes, as usual.

Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, and French mustard, aka...


DAY 19: DRESSING

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

In the sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment