21 June 2019

Blossom & Grow

Tonight I tried another illustration to go with a book review I will be posting on bookadept.com/blog as soon as I finish reading the book! The main action takes place in a flower shop, so I googled pictures of flower shops and then painted it as described in the book, which is in a lovely shade of pink, with ivy painted around the top, surrounded by more mundane ochre, rust, and beige shops.

I don't have much sense of perspective (I have mentioned that before), and the angle at which the partially open door is set just confuses the issue further, so this is a little wonky as to its orientation with other shops and the sidewalk. And the colors got murky because, as usual, I couldn't wait for things to dry before going in again. But it will do as a support painting for a book review that hopefully will be better!


DAY 21: BLOSSOM

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

In the sketchbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment