24 June 2019

East coast flowers

My friend Triste will recognize this from one of the atmospheric shots she takes of the beautiful flowers she grows in her garden. (At least, I hope she will!) I have saved a few of these, because some of the flower that grow there are almost impossible to get to thrive in California, and also because Triste does such a great job of putting them together in seemingly artless, beautiful bouquets.

This could have gone better—it probably should have been painted wet-in-wet on watercolor paper, but there were so many details and so many colors that I knew in the end I would turn it into a big puddle of gray. So I mostly painted wet on dry, and then went back in and messed with some things to get some wetter-looking effects. This worked better in some areas than others. It also probably needs a few more darks, but I'm tired and I'm quitting!

I'm quite happy with a few small points, but not thrilled with the total picture. But I did learn some things, so....


DAY 24: TRISTE'S BOUQUET

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

In the sketchbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment