23 June 2019

A different idea

I wasn't real happy with my illustration of the flower shop that features in the book I'm going to review, so I decided to try something a little more minimalist, that would represent the image in the book without trying to duplicate it exactly. So here are my buckets of flowers on the sidewalk in front of the florist, but instead of doing an entire building and filling up the page, I just put in the pink door, as a symbolic indication of what the florist's shop looks like. Is it weird? Maybe. But I think I still like it better than the one from the day before.


DAY 22: FLORIST

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

In the sketchbook...

I'm a day behind (I was busy grading grad students yesterday and didn't take time to paint), so I plan to paint another one later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment