07 June 2019

One more, and a shift

I guess I wasn't quite finished with my themes for the week, so today I put the nasturtiums and the lemons together (since their colors go so well), for a third and final still life of "Nasties plus Lemons." This might be a better picture than the other three (the one of lemons alone and the two variations on the nasturtiums from yesterday): What do you think? I like the shadow, and the front lemon, and the nasturtiums are a little better defined. Practice helps!



Then, because I was still in the mood to paint, my after-lunch effort made a shift to capturing a typical vignette from the French countryside: Old wooden window, with lace curtains and shutters, overlooked by a climbing rose. Yes, it's a cliché, and no, I don't care. I had some trouble getting those curtains to look like lace (or like curtains), and the stonework was challenging and not completely satisfactory, but the wooden shutters feel like wood and I like the rose.



Now I can skip painting tomorrow, if I want to, since I'm ahead by one; but I will probably want to paint.

DAYS 7 & 8: NASTY LEMONS, FRENCH WINDOW

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019

No comments:

Post a Comment