03 August 2020

New pal

I was watching another lesson in Deb's class tonight while following along, but the first step was to coat my paper in white gesso, spread it around with the edge of a credit card, and wait for it to dry before proceeding with the next steps. Who knew gesso took hours to dry at that thickness? So while I was watching, which is sometimes entertaining and sometimes just waiting for her to fill something in or ponder her next step, I did a little sketch of my new pal, Gidget, using the water-soluble gel pen from the wonky animals exercise the other day.


I  set out to make this drawing "wonky" too, so I started with big ears and eyes, but somehow everything else grew to fit and it came out looking pretty normal. So, here's my new pal, Gidget, who is currently patting my leg under the table and demanding attention.

The gesso will have to dry until morning and then we shall proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment