10 June 2021

Comic Relief

I decided to quit angsting over stuff I'm not enjoying, and have a funday today. My Facebook friend Heidi posted a photo of herself getting her hair color renewed, and I decided it was the perfect combination of realistic and wonky for today's portrait. On the one hand, it's pretty funny, and on the other, it expresses the sheer delight of all women everywhere who have gone without hair color and cuts for the past 18 months and are now making up for it with a whole lotta aluminum foil!

I drew this in pen without benefit of pencil plotting, so her nose is a tad short and a little bulbous, and her gums a bit bigger than they should be, but basically I think I caught her likeness, as well as the predominant emotion of the photo. I hope she doesn't mind being my inadvertent model!


"Heidi Weave"—Uniball pen, Daler Rowney inks, silver Signo gel pen, on Fluid 140-lb. coldpress watercolor paper, 9x12 inches. (The silver is shinier in person.)


No comments:

Post a Comment