12 June 2019

Café life in France

I subscribe to an online magazine and also "like" and "follow" a Facebook page called The Good Life France. It's written and produced by an ex-pat who moved to France and spends her time photographing it, from the city to the countryside, and publishing delectable photos of everything from bakery windows to ancient monuments in her magazine and on her FB page. I appropriated a part of one of the photographs for today's effort, "Café life."


It's kind of an odd little painting, vignetted on one side and washed out on the other, and I'm afraid that the "back" chairs feel like they're falling off the flagstones into the abyss...

After today, I have concluded that I'm going to have to just quit whining and break out my good watercolor paper. Since this is a 30-day challenge, I was hoping to contain it all within one sketchbook, but this multimedia paper just isn't up to what I'm asking it to do with some of these paintings. I need something that will soak up color, hold an edge, and maximize the effects of a bleed, and this ain't it. I guess I could cut the watercolor paper to size and simply stick sheets in between the others...?

DAY 12: Café Life

#30x30DirectWatercolor2019


No comments:

Post a Comment