06 February 2021

Once more into the assignment...

I decided today to try another of these Nancy Drew Mystery book covers in acrylic. I felt a little more confident this time, and am also happier with my result, but I'm not sure that it will ever be my medium. I've just been painting in watercolor for too long and enjoying it too much, as opposed to the struggle with thick, plasticky, quick-drying goo!

I got the proportions off a little on this one, and decided not to put the "By Carolyn Keene" at the bottom, since it's a little more square in format. Also, I simply drew the title this time using a watercolor pencil, and then went over it with some water to "activate" the color, but the texture was so heavy down in the grass that the soft pencil wouldn't work, and I was too lazy to draw it out and paint it the old-fashioned (laborious) way.


Pencil, Golden acrylic paints, watercolor pencil, on Fluid 140-lb. hotpress (smooth) paper, approximately 7.75x9 inches.



No comments:

Post a Comment