16 March 2021

Fun with friends

No, people, none of you is safe...if you post interesting photos on Facebook, you're in danger of having them appropriated and turned into a painting! Especially on days when I am not enamored of the Sktchy offering and searching for diversion.

This, almost unbelievably given the woman I know, is Cynthia Smith in her apparently misspent youth! The Cynthia I know has a sock drawer in which not only are the socks paired together but also arranged in an appropriate color array and laid out perfectly in both parallel and perpendicular fashion. (I know this because she once wrote an essay about it in the writing class we took together.) The Cynthia I know wears delicate jewelry and beautiful linen shirts, and has a no-nonsense haircut and an award-winning poodle with whom she rehearses for dog shows on the weekends.

How amazed was I, therefore, to see this Springsteen's-girlfriend-in-leather-jacket, with wild hair, heavy eye shadow, and thumbs hooked defiantly through the belt loops of her scruffy jeans, only to realize it was my sedate friend? I mean, wow, Cyn, cleavage!

Cynthia, please forgive me, I couldn't resist.


"Misspent Youth"—pencil, watercolor, Pitt artist pen, Uniball, on Fluid 140-lb. coldpress watercolor paper, 9x12 inches.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! You just made my day. I saw the eyes mid-scroll and said “Hey! Wait a minute!” I’m honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! Yeah, the eyes are unmistakeable.

      Delete